Saying Good-bye to Say Hello
Last year, I merrily dumped New Year’s Resolutions. Because I believe what you mutter matters, last year I looked up the synonyms for resolution and found some I adopted for 2018.
Last year, I made bold heartfelt declarations that set my intentions to be full of moxie, spirit and sincerity. I carried them out with courage, boldness, tenacity and gutsiness.
How’d that turn out?
Pretty good actually. My top 2018 declarations continue to help me be a better human being:
- I declare I will practice self-compassion.
- I declare I will say ‘no’ when my gut tells me to.
- I declare I will stay present with those I am with and connect at a deeper level.
- I declare that I will do the things I love more often for the sake of nothing more than to do the things I love more often.
This year though, I’m looking through a different lens. The lens of this Lily Lines posting: Goodbye, 2018 and Hello, 2019.
What am I saying Goodbye to? Top three:
- To listen to and trust my instinct more.
- My insecurity of asking for what I really want because the idea of getting a ‘no’ stops me.
- My ‘shoulds’.
What am I saying Hello to? Top three:
- People, places and things that bring pleasure, beauty and positivity to my life.
- Getting crazy healthy.
- Being more rather than doing more.
What are you saying Goodbye to and what does that enable you to say Hello to?
Let’s make 2019 one of our best years…yet.