Summer Motivation to Get Back on Track
“Real generosity towards the future lies in giving all to the present.” – Albert Camus
I can’t believe it’s almost July! Can you? I mean almost half of the year has come and gone and I have some important goals to accomplish during the rest of 2022. Summer is primetime for a reset and a chance to get back in your groove.
Of course, we all have those times where we feel out of whack and need some support to get back on track. The easiest way to get started is to look at the things you have control over and figure out what things would help get you back in whack.
Here are the top five actions that are working for me:
- Focus on me. I am paying attention to how I spend my time, who I communicate with, and taking care of myself mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally.
- Be present in the present moment. As Debasish Mridha says, “The future belongs to those who learn from the past and live brilliantly in the present moment.”
- Setting a conscious intention. Adding preflection to my reflection time has been crucial to this action.
- Be very, very conscious of what I read and watch. Be informed, but not obsessed. I notice when I cut back on my media exposure, I feel much, much better.
- Practice self-compassion. It’s the number one action that helps me all the time. I can not express how important just this one action truly is. Be kind to yourself.
”I have come to believe that caring for myself is not indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” - Audre Lord
With some time, you’ll find you’re back into the swing of things and well on your way to achieving your goals for yourself with a newfound motivation.